Sunday, July 5, 2009

In Memory of My Grandfather's 100th year 07/07/1909 -20/12/1977

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/8/13/focus/18574609&sec=focus

That i am an admirer of Tan Sri Dato’ Nik Ahmed kamil is no secret,just as i am an admirer of certain distinguished individuals reponsible for our country’s independence.They stand for dedication,honour,integrity and sincerity-values that we should all try to uphold and live by in our lives and sadly lacking in todays politicians. 

I for one believe that the children and grandchildren of these individuals should create,amongst malaysians today,an awareness of the nation’s history through reminiscences of their early years.

I am Tan Sri Dato Nik Ahmed Kamil’s 13th grandchild and I recall my younger days meeting with the likes of Tunku Abdul Rahman,Tun Abdul Razak,Tun Hussein Onn,Tun Mubin Sheppard,Tun Omar Ong Yoke Lin,even P.Ramlee and Saloma(sat on her lap and boy was her perfume overwhelming or what?) to name a few.What i have of my late grandfather are old valuable photographs,stories of him as told to me by my late father and those precious memories of being driven in his Daimler or was it his Rolls Royce to Parliament,those wonderful presents only my other cousin nini and i would get :).....:))Apart from my late daddy, my late Tok Ayah as i fondly called him was my superhero....still is infact. Him and my daddy used to drill this into my thick skull......"DUIT BOLEH CARI...NAMA AND REPUTATION KALAU DAH TARNISHED....  NO AMOUNT OF MONEY CAN HELP YOU REDEEM OUR FAMILY"S GOOD NAME" ....and yes i have held on to those words right up till now.....but of course i do hear those people with the lowest self esteem and rumourtism go around spreading vicious lies about me....ada mak kisahhhh???Hahahaha....as what my dear friend Kak Put would say to me each time i feel down in the dumps,people like me are like emotional yoyos but hey....sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me...well sometimes they do la.....:)) You'll hear more of that in my next post....:)

Anyway,Tomorrow marks Arwah Tok Ayah's 100th year had he been alive.He's one of our Nation's Founding Fathers,Malaysia's first Ambassador to UK,He even has a school (funded by him in 1954 i think) in Kelantan named after him Sekolah Menengah Kamil....etc etc. Well i'm certainly not politician material to emulate him and not as rich as he was in those days but i'll get there soon enough.

 I wish i was a gifted writer for i would love to write a book about him alas i’m not..blogging is as far as it goes LOL! …….and after this 2nd post, juvenile(i'm new excuse me) it may seem to some but i say it as it is....read with an open mind for this is only the beginning of CleoPatra's Closet....you can't imagine how huge her closet is with all those hidden secrets and treasures now can you????.........muahahaha!!Marc Anthony....come forth wherever you are!


2 comments:

  1. Nik

    Budi yg baik dikenang juga.... hendaknya amal jariah yg memberi manfaat kpd ramai orang, ianya akan subur selama mana ia dimanfaatkan, walaupun orangnya telah pergi....

    Your grandpa wassuch a "pejuang negara" and kind hearted. May Allah SWT bless him for all eternity..

    ReplyDelete
  2. NNMK,

    I was so glad & proud when u mentioned my previous school-I was from SRK Kamil (1) in primary,then SM Kamil.Yes,it was named after ur late grandfather,and it is one or the premier school in Pasir Puteh,Kelantan.

    I always keep track of your career,senang cakap ur silent admirer since i was small n u were still modelling.why?coz there was an article bout u and your family history,related to my school and Tan Sri Nik Ahmad kamil was such a BIG name in history.

    Be happy always :)

    Izzati Ismail

    ReplyDelete